StartupYou.net revolves around helping you change your life, and jump-starting you into action. I believe that using the growing movement of lean startup business paradigm (favored among internet businesses around the world), is one of the best ways to fundamentally change your life, to one you have always dreamed about.
Lean Startup applied to Lifestyles
Lean Startup paradigm can be boiled down to a few key principles: ship early, test your hypothesis by measuring results, and be willing to change directions.
Or put another way: build – measure – learn feedback loop.
The lean startup business paradigm is a scientific, hypothesis driven, approach to business, that can also be applied to your life.
Put into changing a person’s life it means: don’t wait around – just get started, measure your life (part of quantified self movement), test different life options (split-testing), and be willing to act nimbly – change course when required.
The Practical and measured approach to improving your life.
The primary component of this blog will be practical posts on what you can do to change your life. Not only the far off dreams of independence, be it lifestyle or travel base, but also something many crave that of financial freedom and independence. This will not be a hype-filled, easy ways to get rich blog, because I don’t think that is a realistic option.
Instead I will cover the nuts and bolts of what actions you can take, what are the realistic outcomes (which we will be measuring), and the effort required to reach your goals. I will offer practical options – that will require both a time and effort investment. But I think the desired goals are within reach of all the readers that will come across this blog.
These topics will include:
- How and why you should blog: ( for multiple reasons which you might be surprised about): from starting to monetization.
- Social footprint: building it to help open new opportunities. How to best use the rising tide of social media: including leveraging twitter, facebook, google+ and other new social media opportunities.
- Hypothesis drive life changes: how to form a hypothesis in pursuit of changing your life, how to measure your results, and learn from them.
- Transformation: chronicle your personal change.
- Health: keeping yourself healthy, with a filled up energy tank so you can follow your dreams. (I have a Phd in Neuroscience, completed an ironman and the health guru to all my friends).
- Motivation: Desire and motivation will carry you almost anywhere you want to go.
- Time and Money: Budget and track both your time and money.
My Personel journey of implementing Lean Startup techniques to my life.
One sub-component of this blog will be my personal journey of implementing lean startup ideas to start my new life. I decided to take a leave of absence from my job as a neuroscientist and start a new life while traveling the globe. Hence, part of this blog will be about the location independent lifestyle, the lifestyle business paradigm, whose recent resurgence came from the popularity of Tim Ferriss’ book – The 4-hour Workweek.
One of my bigger goals, in my new lean startup life, is to actually found a startup of my own (I have numerous ideas), and I will chronicle the road to this destination in these pages. Maybe some of you are far further down this road than myself, and I will learn from you.
Come Join Me.
So with this quick outline of Startup You, I hope you will come and join me on this journey. If you want to change your life, start on all the things you have always wanted to do, then you need to Startup Your Life. Start today.
You can follow me and this blog on the various social media platforms (plenty of buttons to click): facebook, twitter, google+.
“The goal of travel is to return transformed.” Wade Davis.
I have an alternate version of this general idea: “The goal of any journey is to transform your life, and many others.”